Mode Transportation is a leading asset-light based, third-party logistics company focused on delivering truckload, less-than-truckload, intermodal, air and ocean services. We operate across North America through a network of highly qualified transportation professionals.
We focus on maintaining our long-standing relationships with more than 22,000 carriers and drivers across North America. We also have access to more than 1,000,000 pieces of equipment. The result is a fully integrated transportation service network able to fill your unique shipping needs and capacity requirements.
- 1989: We were founded as Mark VII Transportation, an Intermodal Marketing Company. Soon after, we added other modes of transportation and services.
- 1999: Ocean Group acquired Mark VII Transportation.
- 2000: Ocean Group merged with Exel PLC in 2001 and our name changed to Exel Transportation Services.
- 2011: Exel Transportation Services became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hub Group, operating independently as Mode Transportation.
Freight Brokerage with:
250+ Independent Sales Agents • 100+ Office Locations
For over 20 years, we have been an industry leading transportation company, offering a wide variety of shipping services.
How did we become a leading provider? By focusing on our customers. We are passionate about delivering transportation solutions that best meet the needs of our customers.
- TRUCKLOAD (refrigerated, dry, flatbed, high, wide, heavy and hazmat) – We are the asset-light provider of choice with trucking companies in North America. Learn more…
- LESS-THAN-TRUCKLOAD (National, Regional and Local) – LTL is our largest growing segment, driven by the recent trend of smaller shipments to reduce costs and control inventory. Learn more…
- INTERMODAL (drayage, refrigerated, dry and railcar management) – Mode Transportation’s vast intermodal network covers North America. We provide solutions and action plans tailored to fit your supply chain. Learn more…
- INTERNATIONAL (air and ocean) – We understand the importance of choosing a provider who can effectively manage the complexities of the global supply chain. Our experienced, professional team provides a full array of services to and from almost anywhere in the world. Learn more…
- OTHER SERVICES — We have a long history of providing our customers with comprehensive solutions tailored to supply chains that call for more than simply Over-the-Road or Intermodal. Learn more…
- TECHNOLOGY – Our technology integrates all portions of your supply chain with both inbound and outbound capabilities. Our self-service options, reporting options and more, keep you in control of your freight. Learn more…
We’re well aware of the impact that transportation has on ecological sustainability. Mode Transportation is an active member of SmartWay, a public/private collaboration between the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (www.epa.gov) and the freight transportation industry. They help transportation providers, including Mode, analyze their fuel consumption and carbon footprint to increase efficiency and lower emissions. Our 500 Mode Transportation-owned Intermodal Refrigerated Trailers meet or exceed CARB standards.
Our multi-modal design team can work with you to satisfy your sustainability goals.
Mode Transportation works with all major consumer and industry groups in North America. Our strength is in the diversity of our capabilities. We have expertise in food and beverage (including beer, wine and spirits), industrial, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, automotive, paper, chemical, energy and retail.
No matter the industry or the commodity, we have the know-how to handle small, medium or large supply chains – for both inbound and outbound freight needs.
Mode Transportation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hub Group, one of the largest asset-light transportation companies in North America. This gives us direct access to a fleet of over 26,000 Hub Group 53-foot containers, providing a larger network for our customers. Learn more about Hub Group at www.hubgroup.com.
Coast-to-Coast North American Coverage
Regional offices throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico
Terms of Service
Click here to download.